Wow! I really underestimated my shoe collection and the process of cataloging my shoes. I originally thought the project would be fun, and while I did enjoy looking at each pair individually, it was soooo time consuming! The project literally took 2 days. Here's what I did...
Step 1: Pull out each stack of shoes in the closet
Step 2: Take the left shoe out of each box
Step 3: Take an individual photo of each shoe (somehow I missed 2 pair, go figure)
Step 4: Put each shoe back in box and re-stack
Step 5: Take memory card to Walgreens to get photos developed
Step 6: Pick up photos
Step 7: Sort photos (major help that I kept the boxes in stacks)
Step 8: Trim photos to fit boxes (didn't anticipate this step, added significant time)
Step 9: Tape each photo to box
Step 10: Stand back and admire my work
Step 11: Re-organize the shoes by type of shoe
Step 12: Put new stacks back in closet
This was a huge project. I am so happy I did it though, because even though I knew exactly what shoes were in each box, it is amazing the difference it makes when you have a visual of the shoe and can simply skim for what you are looking for when you're working with an outfit plan.
And the confession of this post is this..... 171 pairs. That does not include flip flops, tennis shoes or boots. I got rid of 6 pair (not included in the 171 total) and pulled about 6 pair that need to go to the cobbler to get 1/2 soles to preserve their lives. Now you see why this took so long!!
The stacks and stacks......
Jackson getting in on the shoe-venture....
With pictures attached.....
No comments:
Post a Comment