Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Is it Friday Yet?

Amy IM'ed me this question first thing this morning and I agree whole-heartedly. It is Wednesday and the week is a downhill slope after this but man, it feels like it's dragging by! I am trying to incorporate more weights into my mostly cardio workout regime and I started yesterday. So, this morning my quads are singing (and it's pitchy). I knew I was going to be a little sore last night when I was planning my outfit, so I decided to wear flats today. Emerald green is big for the fall (along with every other jewel tone) so I'm rocking some green flats I found well over a year ago on a shopping trip with mom and have yet to wear. I paid 9 bucks for them and they are too big. I knew they were a little big when I bought them, but they were 9 bucks so I justified the purchase. 3 insoles later and they are staying on my feet! It works, but I'll never be able to wear them for any major walking adventures.


I am trying to make a conscious effort to put more color into my daily wardrobe. I wear a lot of neutrals and muted colors, which is the exact opposite of the fall trends. This weekend, I'm going to try to put some outfits together using some of these brighter pieces. Part of my problem as well is my aversion to wearing the same items over and over. I have a hard time repeating items of clothing within a certain amount of time, so that adds to my outfit planning issues. Take this email I received from Banana Republic for example:

















Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE these pieces from Banana Republic and I love that they have stylists putting together various looks with these basics. But it irks the crap out of me that in one week, they use the same pair of pants 3 times, once on back-to-back days! Gross! And I'm sorry, but just because you wear your trouser jeans with an orange sweater on Wednesday and you put a white shirt under the sweater Friday it's not a different outfit!  And the third week, I'm going to wear the same pair of shoes 6 of the 7 days of the week?!!? Come on! I get the point of the email, but it irritates me to say it's a month of outfits. How about just say, 30 different looks. Don't tell people they can use 7 things for one month and it works. Because it doesn't. The clothes are going to start to smell because you know no one is laundering and ironing the same pair of pants three nights in one week. Please.


Enough ranting for now. :) On a side note, I really do like the pieces in the Banana ad. The only thing I don't really have a comparable piece for is the sequined skirt. Although I'm not sure if I could pull that off in my mostly casual office.... they may think I was working a "walk of shame" look!


My outfit today:


Capri's: Cotton Sateen Denim- no clue where I found them, they are an unrecognizable brand


Shirt: Banana Republic - clearance

Shoes: Classified - $9 bucks


Scarf: Francesca's - $10, clearance


Earrings: Forever 21 - $3 


Bangle: Not sure :)



2 comments:

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Love the green flats!

I hear you about the BR dealio, Lucky Magazine does the same thing. I wear the same things quite often, but you'll NEVER see me in the same sweater twice in one week. Coworkers DO notice that kind of stuff. I guess some people need this inspiration, but I surely would notice if someone wore the same orange sweater, even if they put a white shirt under it the second time!

AP said...

Thank you! I couldn't let this one get by without expressing my sarcastic sentiment toward it!

Post a Comment