Aside from my shoe-venture this weekend, I really got a lot done! I had to take a picture to be framed at Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby is an evil (wonderful) place. I was lured in by the beautiful autumn colors and I fell face first into their evil trickery! I ended up leaving with a new wreath for my front door and stuff for a table centerpiece as well as mantle decorations. I wanted to buy a few picks for the mantle decor as well but they were not half-off and I was not ponying up that much when I am pretty sure they will be half-off this week. So, for right now, the mantle is a work in progress, which I hope to complete this coming weekend.
In addition to the decorating, I cleaned up around the house and switched out the chaise portion of my couch, which really made a difference in the look of my living room. I vacuumed and dusted and put out all of my wonderful fall candles. Once I got all of the shoe boxes put away, the house was looking(and smelling) awesome. Oh, and I cooked an amazing brandied chicken dish last night...try it! I didn't bother with the salad. I used Gouda instead of whatever cheese she used in the rice and I didn't flambe the brandy (not trying to burn the house down) I also used 2% milk instead of the heavy cream, so my sauce was not thick at all but it still tasted delish!
The only project I didn't have time to tackle was putting up the new free-standing shelf unit in the third bedroom closet to hold my big bulky sweaters that have just kind of been shoved in the corner of the closet. I will do that one night this week or next weekend if I can't muster the energy this week.
I did not workout at all this weekend, which disappoints me, but I stayed so busy so I hope I burned enough calories with my other projects to make up for it. I'll get back on the Turbo bandwagon this evening. I plan to do a longer cardio workout and follow it up with some weights to start getting some more tone to my muscles!
Today's outfit is what I threw on this morning because the weather changed my originally planned outfit (which included raw silk shoes, not gonna happen on a rainy day). One of the perks of working in an office that doesn't concern itself with fashion, is that I can get away with wearing something that is sort of off-season. This dress is super comfy. I found it a few weekends ago on a Kohl's clearance rack for $15. I am wearing gold jewelry and my earrings have some turquoise in them. The shoes are summer shoes but they are exactly what I needed today. They are my best steal of the past month. They are Cole Haan Nike Air sandals, which I've found are the only comfortable walking shoe for me besides tennis shoes for the summertime. They were originally $150+ and I found them when Neiman's was taking an additional 25% off clearance and I paid... wait for it...... 32.00 total (free shipping) for them!!!! I mean happy frikkin days!!!! That is amazing. I was elated. I would've broken my shopping fast for that!!! That is practically medically necessary!
I swear it isn't this tent-looking in person!
Can we say dark-circles? Sheesh....
No comments:
Post a Comment