Even when I don't have the busiest of weekends, it seems like time flies. I was out running errands Saturday morning, lazy Saturday afternoon, headed to the game about 3:30 and before you know it, my alarm is going off and it's Monday morning! Well, okay, my Sunday was a little more productive than that, but it just went by too quickly. I didn't get to take Jax to a park, which I wanted to do, but between waking up early, doing laundry, church and then the outlet mall (yes, I sinned.... hahah a reference to the mall, not church) and then eating a late lunch with Amanda, it was 3:30 before I knew it and I still had plenty of chores to do!
So, about the sinning.. nothing too bad. Banana Republic Factory store sent out coupons for an additional 30% off this weekend. Well, I know typically I can find some work clothes there at really good prices so I figured I could go and just see what they had. I've been on the hunt for a nice black pencil skirt as I've realized the majority of my skirts are prints and the solid black skirts I have are either a. A-line b. have some razzle-dazzle (like a mesh underlying hem that peeks out a bit, or really high work-inappropriate slits, not sure what I was thinking) or c. are just old and have lost their shape. So, I have needed a nice pencil skirt for some time now. Banana stepped up to the plate. I found a very nice weight black pencil skirt, a cobalt blue skirt that can be used for work or play and a blue abstract print shirt with 3/4 sleeves. The pencil skirt was 50% off, the blue skirt 60% off and the shirt 70% off. Then I had my 30% coupon, so for the three items, my total was $49. I was happy. :)
And I know that shopping at all defeats my mission, but I feel really good about the fact that 90% of the time, I'm sticking to my mission and what I'm noticing is that while I'll still go wander through the mall, I am really scrutinizing clothes now, not just buying things because they are a good deal. I also feel like I am making much more conscious decisions about what I need and don't need, and I'm seeing a difference in my finances, which is great! (Not like this is rocket-science, but I'm dealing with an addiction here people! :) ) I should've taken a picture of the clothes I bought yesterday. Maybe I'll do that tonight and post them tomorrow.
Here are some random pictures from the weekend....
My errands outfit:
Jeans: LC, for Kohls $28
Swaeter: French Connection, NOLA, $30
Flats: Nine West $18
Jax waiting at the door Friday night while I took pics of the hay still on my car hood from Mom's visit...
Pics from the game:
My outfit:
Jeans: ABS via Smart Bargains, $28
Top: Loft (BR Boutique) $32
Boots: Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx $99
Finally, a night game in Tiger Stadium!
No comments:
Post a Comment