Tuesday, November 15, 2011

About that wildlife....

It's so funny how things happen... yesterday Mom and I were talking about if I had deer in my backyard... (don't even ask how we got on that topic, there truly is no telling) so I said no, no deer not enough space, stuff for them to eat, etc... Well I still maintain there are no deer back there, but I can officially add a new animal to the list of things I've observed! The current list is this:

Snakes [black with green stripes (ok), brown (not good), brown pattern (even worse probably), black speckled (fine, hope he'd eat other snakes)]
Raccoons (huge)
Fox
Rabbit
Owl (s)
Hawks
Frogs
Lizards
Salamanders (or HUGE shiny black lizard things)
Baby brown tarantula (pretty sure)


And, this morning, in my driveway.... an armadillo! Yes, alive, and seemingly not rabid. He was just chilling and of course Jax and I bust out of the back door and he just kinda waddled along the driveway into the neighbors front yard. Even Jackson was looking at it like "What the heck is that?"


So, at this point, I'm not ruling out the possibility of any animal being in my backyard. I'm wondering if I can apply for federal funding for the Prest Wildlife Conservatory.....


It's rainy again this morning. I had a mini-wardrobe meltdown this morning. Had this dress laid out and put it on (first time I've worn it since trying it on several months ago) and I realized that the neckline falls way open. Almost too open. As in the next time I wear it, it will be with a black shirt of some sort under it, unless I always wear it with a jacket. So it took me a while to figure out what to throw over this. I tried 2 different cardigans with belts, didn't really like either. This is kind of a cop-out, but I was really pushing my time. So, here I am. :)


Today:
Dress: NY & Co, Clearance $10
Jacket:  Old Navy, had it forever
Shoes: Kenneth Cole

 Hard to tell here, but I have the dress pinned and just pulled the shoulders up as they want to fall even more open than this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute dress, too bad you had to pin it, etc. Maybe G'ma could do something with it for you.
I forgot about armadillos. Of course you'd have them and I bet that's what's been digging all this time in your bkyrd; and here' I've been blaming skunks(the only animal you HAVEN'T seen). Armadillos dig for roots and insects and what's not to love about your yard! I would've love to have seen J's expression when he saw it! Priceless! I think you should go ahead and apply for gov't assistance for your wildlife habitat & refuge. All you need are some pictures..... ; )

Post a Comment