I had another very successful weekend in terms of getting things done around the house! I got my sweaters re-organized and straightened up, did a ton of laundry, cleaned out my piles of old magazines and the hall closet floor. I'm funny in that I will keep things (like old mag's) for years, but once I make the decision to clean them out, I take no prisoners!! I went through all of the magazines looking for decent recipes, ripped those pages out, and the rest of the magazine went in the recycle bin, which now weighs about 200 pounds! Its funny how cleaning clutter really does make you feel better, even if the clutter was somewhat hidden. That could be a really deep metaphoric thought, too, but I haven't had enough caffeine for that just yet :)
I finally got everything in my closet put away and decided to take a picture so the final product could be appreciated. I love my closet, I really do.
Aside from cleaning, I didn't do too much, but I feel like I stayed busy most of the weekend, which is good. I did try a new recipe, trying to make that a weekend ritual. This one was Rachael Ray's Mexican Lasagna and I liked it. I used ground turkey instead of chicken and I had to have a small side salad with it because it is definitely lacking in the veggie department, but the flavor was great and it made a ton of food. (Lots of leftovers) I would make this again, but only if I had people coming over. It's a lot of food and relatively inexpensive. I really liked the seasoning on the meat. I didn't have cumin or chili powder and mixed together, they really seasoned the meat well. I may try that combo on other stuff as well in the future.
I got a quick Hiit workout in yesterday and I'm happy about that because I was starting to feel like a major slacker after taking off Friday and Saturday! However, I got some more encouragement to not slack off when I pulled on these pants this morning. Part of the fun of losing weight is really seeing proof. I haven't worn these pants probably since last Spring and when I pulled them on today, they are a good inch and a half to two inches too big around the waist! Love it!! Of course, I'm still wearing them b/c the outfit is cute and because, well, I like loose pants! Haha!! I haven't worn this cardigan until today, I bought it quite some time ago. It is a really nice weight. I like it a lot. Love my shoes, they are a sturdy shoe that makes me feel six feet tall but they are still comfortable.
Outfit today:
Sweater: Willi Smith, TJ Maxx
Top: Banana Republic
Pants: Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West
Jewelry: Hodgepodge of random stuff
No comments:
Post a Comment