Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hello Brights!

So last night I decided to actually try on the outfit I had laid out for today. Good thing, because I didn't like the way it looked on at all. It was the same shirt I ended up wearing but with a different skirt and belt. On the hangers it looked great, but on me the belt seemed to be hitting in a weird place and making me look lumpy. I'm so glad I did that last night because I would've been really late this morning finding a way to fix the outfit! I ended up pairing the shirt with a straighter-cut skirt and a smaller belt. I wouldn't normally put all these colors together, but I feel like this skirt (sort of a mauvish-grey) really is a neutral and since the shirt and skirt have blue-ish undertones I think I can pull off the very bright shoes with them. I could be wrong, but at this point I'm wearing it like I mean it! I threw on a blue necklace to attempt to bring it all together. 
This shirt is a really nice Tahari shirt that I found at TJ Maxx. It is a really rich deep pink color and it's constructed really well. I know it's been in my closet at the very least a year, if not two, which is sad. I cut the tags off this morning. Notice the original Tahari tag and then what I paid ;) Love it!

Shirt: Tahari, TJ Maxx
Skirt: Loft
Belt: Kohls 
Shoes: Nina, DSW
Necklace: Can't remember


 I hate that my picture locations lighting is soooo bad. You can't even appreciate my bold shoe choice here!




 What a steal! I love finding hidden treasures like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment