Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Don't Give Away Your Joy"

Ever had one of those times when it seems like everything random that you are hearing is sending you the same message? It started last week for me, when every post Chalene (the creator/instructor of TurboFire) put on Facebook had to do with staying positive, showing gratitude, being happy. Then over the weekend, it seems like I kept hearing that in various places and then this morning, someone on the news said "Don't give away your joy." It is such a simple statement but it is so true! Why should I let outside influences upset me? I let those things have a negative effect on me and let them ruin my outlook on the day/moment/place in time. Life is so short, what does it matter if I get annoyed with a co-worker or want to kill someone in traffic....what's the point? I get aggravated and my head hurts and I end up stressed out and it does me no good. 
Of course, I am very impatient and people are stupid, that isn't going to change ;) but maybe I should start taking more deep breaths and literally blow off the stupid things that aren't going to change regardless of how mad or frustrated I get because those moments are literally stealing my joy. I may as well be as happy as I can be because mad hasn't really changed anything for me thus far! I tried to consciously be more grateful this weekend and I am trying to wake-up every morning with a quick "thank-you" for everything I have.... a few days in and I do feel like I am at least aware of my "joy." Now let's see how long it takes for me to be in a tug-of-war with my joy! I'll keep you posted.....


Today's Outfit:


Dress: Worthington, JC Penny


Jacket: Charlotte Russe (this is my go-to boyfriend blazer)


Bracelet: Really don't remember


Earrings: Charlotte Russe


Shoes: Cole Haan Air Stephanie (love!)


I also played with my hair this morning, I did a side pony, but had to incorporate a braid since some of the hair wanted to fall out... wrapped the braid around the elastic. Sorta cute :)






No comments:

Post a Comment