Friday, May 11, 2012

Fingers-Crossed Friday

I shouldn't have my fingers crossed, as anticipation may make this whole process feel much worse should it not go my way, but it's so dang hard!! I was hoping to hear something today, but there is a decent chance I may not, as given the way this job posting and search have gone to this point, it would not surprise me if things don't move as quickly as they would if I was in charge!

So, I'll try to focus on the positive (another good professional experience today and the weekend ahead) and not be too consumed by the unknown. 


My first point of business is to brag about my Walgreens trip this morning. When I first saw the ad for this week, a few things caught my eye, namely the Dr. Scholls inserts and the Scrubbing Bubble toilet system... I knew from looking for coupons for Destin that there were some $2 coupons online for the Dr. Scholls items and I had a coupon from a toilet cleaner I'd bought previously, so I was on these sales like white on rice!


Here's how it ended up breaking down:


Toilet Scrubbers:                 Regular Price: $10.99


                                           Sale Price: $6.99
                                           -2.00 Register Rewards
                                            $4.99
                                           -3.00 Mfg Coupon I had
                                           Pd $1.99


Dr. Scholls:                         Regular Price: $12.99
             Current offer of Buy One, Get One half off


            Unexpected Sale Price:                                $8.99 for first item and $4.49 for the second,
                                           $13.48 for both
                                           -$4.00 from a $2.00 off instantly coupons stuck on each package
                                           -$4.00 from the 2 $2.00 coupons I printed online
                                           Pd $5.48 for 2 inserts


Considering I use gel inserts in almost all of my heels, this is a great bargain for me!! 


I felt like one of the crazy coupon ladies on this trip! 


My outfit today:


I was so unmotivated for the interview today after my great experience yesterday that I didn't even want to go, much less to plan and wear a suit. Yuck. So I decided to channel my inner-faculty member, since they shun traditional expectations, and wear something more relaxed. This outfit fit the bill perfectly. It says, "I care, and I'm trendy, but I'm also confident enough to not try too hard." Or at least that's what I hope it says! 


It's crop pants and a swing jacket (that do match!) and I went ahead and wore my big watch to sell the "I'm trendy" idea. 


These pants/jacket are the ones I got when I'd just begun my blog and I also found a skirt that matched (at TJ Maxx) and I didn't pay much for all of them. They've come in handy for situations like this when  I need to look pulled together but I don't want to be all buttoned up and stiff.




Jacket/Pants: Willi Smith, TJ Maxx, about $30 for both
Top: Elle, Kohls, $14
Shoes: RocketDog, $34





No comments:

Post a Comment