Even though I didn't do much this weekend, it was very pleasant. I had to come to campus for a work function Saturday at 11:30, so I ran a few errands Saturday morning (getting my windshield chips fixed, stopping by Walgreens) and then headed to campus. After the event, which, thankfully was held in exactly the time specified, I stopped at Roly Poly for a delicious sandwich and then headed home.
I debated doing Saturday vigil mass, but decided I wanted to get out. I hadn't been to Marshalls in forever, and it was calling my name. I think the upcoming Destin trip had me really wanting to pick up a few vacay items. I found a few very cute items at Marshalls!! (Shocking, I know)
My haul...
White shorts... this is big b/c I'm finally at a point where I feel I can wear these and not look atrocious....
$14.99
Gorgeous teal top. Tahari, silk/rayon with a great bow and ruffle front detail. I can wear this casually or under a jacket/cardigan for work.
Original Tahari tag: $159.00 Original Marshalls tag: $39.99 Clearance Price: $20 Yipee!
Ah-mahz-ing bright fun and GREAT FITTING beach cover up I found AT WAL-MART on Sunday.... WHAAAAAAT? Baziiinga!
$15
And the Nine West aviators that are so great, not too big, not too small.
Marshalls: $9.99
Super fun bright watercolor-look top $30
Jackson waiting patiently while I take my clothing pictures.... Happy bud
How can you not love that furry face?
I went home quite satisfied Saturday evening. Thought about venturing out, but then I sat on the couch and it was all she wrote....
Sunday was particularly productive. I got a lot of chores done, cooked, and caught up with an old friend.
After re-hanging the bird feeder for my fatty birds, I took a few pictures of the one lone magnolia flower on the tree. So pretty and such a strong sweet smell!!!
Finally the food!!!
I put about 1/2 cup of chicken broth in the bottom of my slow cooker. Then I cut (very large chunks) carrots and sweet potatoes. I lightly salted and seasoned (all-purpose seasoning) the veggies and put them in the broth at the bottom of the cooker. I generously salted/peppered/seasoned the pork roast and threw in a bay leaf and some parsley. Set the roast on top of the veggies and cooked on high for about an hour and a half an then turned it to low for about 5 and a half hours.
When I returned home from visiting with Kelly, I thanked J for cooking, as the house smelled delicious!!! I went to check the roast and when I pushed it with the fork, it fell apart.... talk about juicy and delicious!!!
Perfect end to a nice Sunday!!
1 comment:
Love your Sunday blog! So many pictures and so many of my favorite topics to comment on that it's hard to comment! The pics do the cover-up more justice than my phone text. And love the other tops/colors. Such great bargins! Of course J is super cute and very "fresh"; love little J. The picture of the magnolia is beautiful and the roast makes me even hungrier than I am right now if that's possible! Really enjoyed this one!
Post a Comment