Well, that's not entirely true... every time I look down at my feet today I do smile, so I suppose that does help. I spent some time on Sunday going through my pants (even though I weeded through a lot last fall) just to make sure everything I was hanging on to was really worth the space it was taking up.
This was fueled by the fact that I did go to the Ann Taylor outlet this weekend. I went because the last time I went I found the grey pants I wore last Thursday which fit absolutely divine and look just as good. (If I do say so myself!) When I received the email advertising that Ann Taylor was taking an additional 40% off the entire store, I figured going to see if there were any more of that style of pant available couldn't hurt. Sure enough, I found one black pair of almost the exact same pant. The fit is the same, the material is just a little lighter weight. I was happy, as after the 40% off, they were $18. Fine by me! So since I did get another pair of pants, I decided I should make sure the ones I was hanging on to were worth keeping.
I ended up giving away 4 more pair and pulling 6 pair that I will keep (and hopefully store away for ever) as they are too big now :)
Today's outfit was a result of the weeding.... I realized I haven't worn these pants in quite some time and they are very comfortable. So, I paired them with this top, which I've had since this past summer, but not yet worn. (Pulled tag off this morning) And the best part of the outfit? The shoes, without a doubt. I decided I'm tired of letting some of my very nice shoes just sit in boxes. While, of course, no one in my office notices, I get the enjoyment of knowing my shoes are the best in the room! :) I'm very happy to finally wear these babies. Sadly, I've had them for almost 10 months and this is the first time I've worn them.
A mini-goal I'm setting for myself this week is to workout every day. Last week, I did every day except Wed, which I basically had to take off because of soreness. This week I want to get 5 solid workouts in. Today will be Fire 45 plus anything else I can muster up the energy to do! Hopefully either a HIIT or the Arms/Abs bonus video.
My outfit today:
Pants: BCBG, via Sharon's (a store in Hot Springs, AR) I think I paid $40 for them on clearance
Top: JC Penny, $16
Shoes: Gucci, $ ;)
1 comment:
I thought the snaffle bit buckle on your shoes was a Coach "thing". Shows what I know! Glad they're making you happy & I love the competitive spirit: "My shoes are better than everyone else's, they get the blue ribbon!" Haha! They ARE very pretty! I love your top too, it's soo cute. You're looking so good, you should be proud of your efforts.
Miss & love you, Mom
Post a Comment