5 days...
1. In 5 days, I'll be headed to S'port for fambly time.
2. In 5 days, I'll be starting a 4 day break!
3. I am pledging to work out all 5 days this week. (Yay!)
Go 5's!
So, to begin, I have to tell my fabulous shoe story from Saturday.
Backstory: There aren't many shoes I "need" at this point in my life. Truthfully, there probably aren't any I "need." However, I have been on the lookout for a black wedge pump that I can wear in the winter for work and other stuff. The reason it's hard to find a cute black wedge is because if not done well, they tend to look like a. an orthopedic shoe, b. a grandma shoe, or c. a gothic mess. Last summer/early fall, DSW had the Max Studio Mecca wedge that was PERFECT. It was patent, with an almond toe, nice high wedge that had a faux-wood pattern on the heel, so it was a nice contrast to the shoe itself. They were perfect. I kicked myself all fall for not getting them, but I just hated to spend $70 on a pair of shoes that I didn't "need." So I didn't. And they sold out, everywhere, quickly. I went on a hunt, convinced I would find them somewhere online. But all I found was this. Or this. Basically, nothing that was what I wanted. :( Since I'd become fixated on this shoe in particular, this made me very sad. After searching for months, I'd basically resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to find them and I needed to find a substitute.
Fast-forward to Saturday:
I'm on my way home from running errands... I'm about to pass the exit to the mall and something is telling me to go to DSW since I haven't been in forever. Also, I have my giftcard from Christmas that Kerri gave me, so.... I go. The store was truly like a candy store... all of the Spring shoes and sandals are out... so many fun shoes to look at. I was tempted by a few, but ended up talking myself out of them and heading back to the clearance area. I was perusing the 8.5 racks and seeing a few things but nothing amazing.... then, out of the corner of my eye, on one of the lower shelves, I spotted something.... Yellow-ish box, yes, green lining, yes...patent leather... could it be????????????? I tried to nonchalantly pick up the box but I'm pretty sure I looked like a dog going for a piece of meat. Holy crap it was them. I swear I wanted to scream. I was smiling from ear to ear. I'd found them. The one surviving pair (as far as I'm concerned, anyway)! I slid them on and of course, they are perfect. And, half off to boot!!! I tried to contain my excitement, because, I'm sure no one in there would've appreciated it. I kept browsing, just to act like I was having any other normal DSW experience.
I managed to find another pair of black wedges, these being suede, with a fabulous pointy toe. Given my difficulty finding decent wedges, and the fact that these were 70% off, I decided I should definitely get them just on principle alone. I headed off to the register with a spring in my step. No one in there knew that I'd just made the best DSW find ever. Together, my total was about $62.00. With my giftcard, I paid $12.
Best. Trip. Ever.
Max Studio Mecca Wedge Pump ($35)
These are very black in person, the flash made them look grey. They are MKT brand. ($24)
Today I'm wearing some pants that are too big! They didn't use to be!! But, I wanted pants this color to go with the silver accents on my sweater, so these fit the bill. Plus, since they are big, they are super comfy to sit around in! This is the first time I've worn these shoes. They were some little cheapies I found online, but I do so love a metallic. :)
My outfit today:
Pants: Ann Taylor, Outlet, $24
Top: East 5th, JC Penny, Clearance, $9
Sweater: Charlotte Russe, Clearance, $10
Shoes: Ann Marino, via SmartBargains, $20
Ok, so when I looked at the mirror this morning, the pants didn't look quite this big and rumpled... lol
But they are! Hahah!!!!
Trying to show the detail on my sweater.
Silver!!!
2 comments:
I shared your excitement; the buildup to the climax of your story was almost unbearable! I felt your frustration and sadness all the way to your glorious, surprise finding of the treasure! I wanted to yell out, "Yea!!!! Way to go!!!!!!" So with this pent up energy inside me, I guess I'll start some chores! But first I must comment on the shoes....PERFECT! Love them! The suede pair would be cute as gray too, lol! I love your sweater, why wouldn't I? You gave me one in gray! Love the huge pants shot-can you believe how many inches you've lost? Congrats, my dear!!!! And....they are a bit crumpled, ha! Metallic....good...
This must be a pre-Valentines note with all the "love" in it!
Haha! I feel like you have had a lot of coffee this morning!! :) Thanks for all of the love. It's a fun post!
Post a Comment