For the blog at least, trying a fresh look as we move into Spring.
Had a fabulous weekend, no big social events, a friend in town Friday night and dinner and drinks with a friend Saturday night, but had the most productive day ever on Sunday.
After the usual morning routine, I came home and weeded the front flower beds, while Jackson hunted for lizards in the monkey grass and rolled in the yard. At one point, though I came across a baby snake and decided I needed to watch Jackson's "hunting" a little more closely. I'm not sure if this snake was bad or not, it was very much tiny and brown, but was very non-aggressive and quickly got away before I could get a better look at him.
After cleaning the beds, I had lunch, took a 20 minute cat nap and then Jax and I went to the park. No pictures unfortunately, because the park was so packed with people I really had to be aware of my surroundings all the time so as to not have any little kids run up on Jackson wanting to "Pet the doggie!" (Never a good idea with Jax)
After the park, I came home and Jax commenced to napping and I commenced to laundry and cleaning up my room and the kitchen. Took one last break and then cleaned bathrooms.
The evening ended with me trying two new recipes, both of which turned out really good! Sweet potato burgers here. and Soup recipe here. I didn't have tahini (couldn't find it at Wal-mart, not surprising) but as much as I liked the burgers without it, I look forward to trying them with it! I enjoyed both, but especially the sweet potato "burgers." Very Delish!
Focusing on what hopefully lies ahead in the career world, as mine just gets sillier and more like an overgrown kindergarten class every day :)
I laid this outfit out yesterday after I finished cleaning up my bedroom. I decided I wanted to wear this top, since I hadn't worn it in over a year. It is blousy so I knew I wanted a tighter-fitting skirt and I just didn't feel like 4" heels today so I went with the other pair of black wedges I found on my wedge wonderland shopping trip. These are suede and there was no rain forecasted so I knew they'd work. I'm really happy with them. The shirt, however, is HUGE on me!! Apparently I bought it when I was at my heaviest weight, which would have been at least 10 pounds heavier than I am now, and it shows! Even tied back, it's too big. But, I decided to wear it and will probably consider moving it to the "give-away" group come next weekend when I do a Spring closet clean out.
My outfit today:
Skirt: Larry Levine, TJ Maxx, $16.99
Top: Calvin Klein, TJ Maxx or Marshalls, $10
Shoes: MRKT, via DSW, $24
I love the sun coming through my window!! Best part of the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment