I have a case of the "blahs" today. Had a great relaxing weekend, but at some point over the weekend, I realized that on March 1st, I will have been in my current job for 3 years. For someone who was over this job about 9 months in, that is a long time. Especially since I've actively been trying to find another job for over a year. So that makes me a little sad. Praying (every second) that the potential job on the horizon pans out.
Yesterday, I attempted to be creative in the kitchen and it didn't pay off. :) I thought I would "bread" some chicken breasts in grits prior to sauteing them. Well, what I learned is that the flavor is okay- not as "corny" as I thought and the breasts I used were way too thick. The grits were burning by the time the chicken was cooked through. If I'd pounded them out to be thinner or if I'd attempted to bake them with the grits it would've worked better. I also made a big pan of roasted veggies to eat on this week. Broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and new potatoes. Yum!
Veggies pre-cooking
Chicken and cooked veggies with a sprinkle of feta
Today I'm wearing:
Dress: Banana Republic, Clearance, $10
Sweater: JC Penny, $12
Tank: Old Navy, $5
Shoes: Bandolino, via DSW, $24
No comments:
Post a Comment