In reference to my title today, I love when little fashion things just "go", intentionally or even better, unintentionally. I love when I bring something home and realize I have something that will match perfectly, or just look great with it. Well, that happened last night.
I knew I wanted to wear one of my $6.97 Banana dresses I found this past weekend, but last night I needed to pick out shoes. This dress has black and brown in it with taupe, mint green and yellow. I felt like I definitely would need to go with a nude/lighter neutral shoe because a black or brown would just be too harsh on my pale legs ;) Off to the closet I went to scan the boxes (have I mentioned that putting pictures on my shoe boxes was one of the best things I've ever done??)
While skimming I was thinking, mint green, mint green.... holy crap... those Nine West pumps! I grabbed these pumps that I bought last spring/summer at a big sale at Nine West. I bought them knowing they were a little different, kind of a taupe-y grey color with a light mint green trim, but I really liked them. Well, sure as the world, the mint green (which didn't turn out well in any of the pictures) matches the mint green in the dress perfectly, and the taupe-grey shoe color is the same as the taupe spots on the dress. It was just meant to be!!! I was very happy!
And therefore, my outfit today:
Dress: Banana Republic super clearance, $6.97
Jacket: Wd NY, TJ Maxx, $14
Shoes: Nine West Clearance, $21
Necklace: Charming Charlie Sale, $7
I think it's pretty cute for 7 bucks! Heck, I might've even paid ten!! :)
There was no light/angle at which I could take the picture to accurately reflect the dress/shoe match! But I tried!!
1 comment:
Love, love, love this outfit! The dress is really pretty & looks great on you. The shoes are so cute, like you said too bad we can't really see how well the mint green matches. As far as the necklace...you know I like it since mine is almost identical (or is it identical?). Talk to you later, pretty girl. pw
Post a Comment