Monday, February 6, 2012

Ho-Hum it's Monday

Had a nice weekend... Spent a little time with friends Saturday night. Planned to go to a party for the SuperBowl but ended up staying around the house with Jax. I just couldn't get motivated to do make-up and find a cute outfit. Being a girl is so hard! :)

Amanda and I Saturday night. I am LOVING the Santa-worthy belly thing my sweater is doing!

I did go to the outlet mall Saturday. I have a legitimate problem in that many of my work pants have gotten to be too big. Actually, I wouldn't call that a problem, but a triumph! However, the triumph led to me not having many decent work pants that fit. I knew Ann Taylor's outlet was taking an additional 60% off pants, so I figured I'd see if I could find any thing useful. Well, I did. I found the pair of pants I'm wearing today, which originally (outlet price) were $80, but for all intensive purposes are basically these pants, but in grey. I paid $21 for them. I also found a similar pair of heather brown pants for $22 and stumbled on the matching blazer for $34. I simply could not pass up a suit from Ann Taylor for $56. SO, I found two nice pairs of pants that fit really well. I then went over to Kenneth Cole and found a pair of grey cropped work pants and some nice dark brown tweed-type pants for $20 each. Finally I went to Banana just to poke around and found two dresses marked down to $6.97 each!!! One was originally $110 and the other was originally $84. And I didn't just get them because of the price, they are VERY cute dresses. One of which I plan to wear later this week. 
I did spend a little bit of money this weekend, which was not good timing after the Jax issues earlier in the week but to be honest it was/is a little stress reliever and something happy to do and I did truly need some pants :)


So, my outfit today:


Pants: Ann Taylor Outlet, $21
Top: Ann Taylor Loft, older, I think about $14
Shoes: Max Studio, Piperlime several years ago, $65


 I wanted to try to get an "up-close" shot of this shirt b/c it's really cool... It is a light light grey and the specs of color are brown and black. It could probably be worn with anything.


 I usually shy away from grey and brown, but I'm throwing that to the wind and embracing it today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute outfit! Don't shy away from gray & brown when it looks that nice! Congrats on your "finds"!! I suggested BR for some jeans but you one upped me there in finding steal deals on those dresses. Can't wait to see them.
PS: "intensive purposes" or "intents and purposes"?...you decide.....pw

Post a Comment