Sunday, November 20, 2011

Last Weekend of Sanity

I say that because after this weekend of having nothing to do here are my next several weekends:

Nov 26 & 27: Horse show with Mom
Dec 1-4: Atl for SEC Championship
Dec 10 & 11: Mom, Gare and folks in for Renaissance Festival
Dec 17 & 18: Nothing yet
Dec 24 & 25: Duh!!!! The most wonderful time.... of the year...... :)


So, I enjoyed this weekend of doing not much more than errand running. I forgot to go get my shoes from the cobbler, (are they still called that?) so I'm going to have to go get them at lunch one day this week since I'm not sure what their holiday hours will be and since they are a bunch of expensive shoes that I probably shouldn't leave lying around their shop!


Here are some random pictures from the weekend:


The Turkey Taco Chili I made on Saturday... really good. Recipe here
I didn't put in the spices and I used diced tomatoes without chilis.. It was still very good and the taco seasoning gave it enough kick for me! I also didn't eat it over rice (saving calories!)


This is Jackson smirking because he knew he was about to get some CHICKEN!!




I have a tomato plant, err.... stick, in the pot out back. It's been a dead stick since probably July. But, as we all know, I tend to procrastinate, so I hadn't yet pulled the stick out of the pot to throw away. So I went to pull it up and this is what I found! Talk about resilient. Who would've thought a dead stick could still put out tomatoes? And this is after a few nights in the 30s! Crazy.


Here's a picture of my after my workout on Sunday, gross, I know.... reminds me of a quote I heard, "If you still look cute after a workout, you're not working hard enough." Haha! I must be working super hard then! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin your posts! I found all of it interesting, funny, cute & delicious! I'm hoping to eat some of that turkey chili one day! Poor little tomato plant-it gave it's all, lol! The plants I gave up on at G'mas have a ton of green tomatoes all over them!
Love J's picture, too cute. And your sweaty face is inspiring to all, way to go!!
Love you! peete

Post a Comment