Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday!

If I put an exclamation mark after Tuesday, does it make it better? Worth a shot! I am happy today because I'm wearing an outfit that makes me feel kinda bad-ass, yet preppy at the same time! Interesting juxtaposition, if I say so myself. I decided I wanted to wear these shoes today. They were an end of summer purchase and I had my doubts about them, because they are out of my normal style comfort zone, but now that I'm wearing them, I'm liking them more and more. They are surprisingly comfortable and very versatile. I know they are sandals and its well after Labor Day, but with the laces, they are very on trend for Fall and frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn. :) Maybe I'll stop wearing open toed shoes after the time changes... maybe.... ;) 

Regardless, I wanted to wear these shoes and I wanted them to be a focal point, not covered by pants but I also didn't want to wear them with a skirt the first time out.... that might have been pushing it in my office. So, I opted to go with the preppy-with-an-edge look. This blazer I have had for I would say at least 6 years and sadly, this is the first time I think I've worn it! I'm ashamed to admit that but I just never found the right time/outfit to wear it. It's from Victoria's Secret and it's a nice little blazer. Fully lined, etc... I've rolled the sleeves and pushed them up to try to make the outfit feel a bit more casual. I also wore some (now slouchy, thanks to Turbo-Fire) jeans and rolled them as well so my shoes could be seen. My necklace is long, but I doubled it up so it is more of a choker style. If I don't adjust it every 10 minutes or so, it literally becomes a choker, as you can see in one of the pictures! LOL


Here's hoping my fun outfit will somehow magically make the day go by quicker!

Pants: Jeans, JC Penny 
Blazer: Victoria's Secret
Shirt: Nine West, Dillards Clearance
Shoes: Chinese Laundry, via Amazon
Necklace, Earrings & Bangle: Forever 21

 I'm so happy, oh so happy.....
 See, necklace choking me....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, you are one bad ass Mutha....with a preppy twist of course, lol!
You look so cute and those shoes are pretty awesome. How do they feel by day's end?

Anonymous said...

I think I like my new name: "anonymous"

AP said...

So far, so good! Pretty comfy!

Post a Comment