The shirt, in person, is actually much more of a teal color than it appears in the pictures. I'm not a huge fan of teal and black, so I needed a brown or grey skirt. I hadn't yet worn this skirt so I decided to give it a go. I was going to wear a peep-toe metallic pump, but decided to put brown tights on because my office is freezing. So that meant switching up the shoes and now I'm getting to wear (for the first time) the Michael Kors pumps I got on sale this summer as well. I was looking for a cardigan to throw on as well when it dawned on me (duh!) that I have the jacket that matches the skirt. So, I essentially ended up wearing a (casual) suit to work today.
First thing I was asked by a co-worker was, "Do you have a job interview or something?" Ridiculous. She just was bothered by the fact that I had a suit on and she'd chosen to wear jeans today. Insecure much?
I find that everything looks very choppy in these pictures, but in real life the colors flow more.
Perhaps the best part of the outfit, shoes excluded, is that it cost... wait for it..... $26 yep, $26.
The jacket and skirt were a super find at TJ Maxx this past summer. They were off season and on clearance. They had been marked down several times. I actually got this color and the same suit in black as well. The jacket was $10 and the skirt, $7.... what????????????? Yep!!!
So, my outfit today:
Jacket: TJ Maxx, Willi Smith, $10
Skirt: TJ Maxx, Willi Smith, $7
Top: JC Penny Clearance, $9
Shoes: Michael Kors, $55 on sale from Net-a-Porter
I didn't button the jacket, mostly because I forgot!
1 comment:
Uber cute shoes! They tie in with the outfit of course, but they almost match the buttons on your jacket! I really like how this suit looks on you & I bet the black will be just as pretty.
Was I with you when you purchased those suits? I seem to remember feeling jealous of your great find!
Have a.....decent day! ; )
Post a Comment