Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wasn't I just talking about the joys of (dog) parenthood????

Last night, after I worked out, I took J out to the backyard for a "quick pee". He wandered down the hill and was sniffing about and then came running up the hill with his left hind leg hiked up. I figured he had gotten into ants. So I rinsed his legs off and he still wouldn't put the foot down. I'm still thinking he's being a weenie at this point but he's starting to worry me. I felt all on his leg and hips and didn't feel anything strange but he was clearly hurting and shaking and wouldn't/couldn't sit or lie down and was glued to my leg so I knew something was up and I couldn't just sit around and watch that so off to the emergency vet we went. They ended up doing x-rays just to make sure there wasn't a fracture or anything (there wasn't) and they sent him home with anti-inflammatories and pain meds. Hopefully he improves steadily and it isn't anything more serious. This morning, it was pouring down rain so our walk was quite short, but he seemed to be willing to try to put some weight on the leg so that is promising. Dog-parent problems!!
Here are some of his sad pictures....

Of course some are sideways b/c all I had was my phone....


This is him holding his left hind foot up... kinda looks like he isn't here because all the fur blends, but he is.

He was so exhausted that he kept lying down in the exam room... notice his little leg still bent :(

 This is him once we got home.... you can't see his tongue b/c of the fur, but it was hanging out of the side of his mouth most of the night.
 This is him after our short "W" this morning and after a towel-off from being in the rain... He was chilly, and still sleepy!


And so for my outfit today:


Skirt: Express, Very old, I got it in college. 
Shirt: Banana, Clearance, $16
Sweater: NY & Co after Xmas sale, $12.99
Shoes: Gianni Bini, via Dillards Clearance, $24

I think this outfit would obviously look better with some heels, but with the rain today and my stress last night, I just wanted to be comfortable!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, the "J" pictures are so sad! It looked like at first, keeping his leg in the bent position was more comfy for him. Poor, pitiful puppy! Hoping he's so much better this evening.
Secondly, your outfit is so cute; I really like this one! The shoes really add that pop of color! You look great despite your stress! pw

Post a Comment