Monday, January 30, 2012

The joys of (dog) parenthood

First, dogs are like children, I don't care what anyone says to the contrary. Jackson got a haircut yesterday, which was the best part of his evening by far. He had some of my leftover chicken which one would think was harmless and a nice treat but maybe not.... 
Our evening is progressing as normal and we go to bed about 10. At about 12, I wake up because Jax is doing his sniffing noises at the edge of the bed, meaning he wants down. I get out of bed and set him down. I don't think much of it, because this happens fairly often, usually because he forgets to get a drink before bed and is super thirsty. I get back in bed, doze for a few minutes and he returns to the room and puts his paws on the side of the bed asking to be picked back up. I get out of bed again and put him on the bed. At about 2, I wake up to the same sniffing noises and a very restless J. It is evident something is wrong and I'm thinking he really needs to pee. So I throw a robe on and meet him at the back door. I put his leash on and get the door open and he sprints to the yard. I'm fully expected a big pee at this moment, but no, instead he does a nose-dive into the grass and starts eating. Uh-oh
I realize at this point that for him to want/need grass/weeds that badly his stomach must really be upset. So, it's 2am, and I'm grazing my dog. (it's also about 35 degrees outside) I let him eat for a few minutes and then made him pee and we went back inside. He followed me back to the bedroom and immediately wanted to get in the bed. Since he often eats weeds and doesn't get sick, I figure he must've just needed that and he's feeling better. He curled up and went to sleep. Alls well that ends.... wait...... 4 am..... without any warning, Jackson jumps up and proceeds to vomit on the comforter. So, I get up again, turn on the light, and go get a plastic bag, cleaning stuff, etc... I'll spare you the details. Poor baby looked so ashamed but you could tell he felt better. After I finished cleaning about 4:30, I got back in bed and went to sleep. J did the same and was fine this morning. 
So, yeah, he is my child and I have sleep deprivation today :)

Second, I forgot my camera today. I had to charge the battery yesterday and promptly left it sitting on the counter this morning. I also had the pictures from Friday on there to upload. However, fret not, the only thing you're missing out on is jeans and a sweater. However today's outfit is kinda cute so I took pictures with my cell phone which probably will turn sideways on here and I'll try to remember to snap one today when I get home. The pants are from the Limited and they are a dark grey, with tiny blue and tan pinstripes. It's hard to see from a distance. The blue pinstripes made me want to wear a blue top to bring them out. In person, it does, in the pictures, its hard to tell!

My  outfit today:
Pants: Limited, had forever
Top: Victorias Secret, old xmas gift from mom and dad
Shoes: Levity, via DSW, $30



1 comment:

Kramer's Mom said...

You did a great job in brightening your sleep-deprived eyes! Sorry about J's "chicken adventure", wonder what caused the upset tummy? Different spices than usual? Your poor, furry child! It was no fun for you to clean up after an upchuck; I remember all too well...
On another note: it's amazing how your phone camera makes your slcaks look blue in one of the pictures. At least in the last shot I can see the true color and the tiny pinstripes of blue. Hope you have an uneventful work day! pw

Post a Comment